Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Femara/Letrozole is relatively painless.

Today is cycle day 8 and I'm due for my fifth and final dose of Femara/letrozole any time now. Several years ago when I took Clomid I remember feeling like my entire uterus and all the parts around it were simultaneously being twisted and stabbed. I was expecting something like that with the Femera but I was completely wrong. My moods haven't been as jacked up as I was expecting either. There have been a couple breaks from reality but I pretty much snapped back within minutes and laughed uncontrollably at myself. I do feel some action in there (ovaries, uterus, whatever) but being that aunt flo isn't still completely gone I'm not sure which to blame. Or maybe it's just too early in the cycle, the mood swings and pain will come later?

 A part of me is a little hesitant with the relative smoothness of the medication, thinking maybe it isn't working. A bigger part of me is thinking I've been through enough already thank goodness this isn't bad. Maybe the Femara is going to simply make me ovulate just like any other woman who ovulates with ease. Dr S told me to start taking OPK's (ovulation predictor kits) on day 13--I'm afraid I will ovulate before that and miss it OR that I won't ovulate until day 30 and those OPK's don't come cheap. Even with my hesitation I'm staying pretty calm, the cycle days are moving pretty quickly and I try not to think about it all the time. I don't want to become consumed. But I do wish I could find a board or blog where women shared which day they ovulated on with Femara. I'll be sure to post mine--be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment