Thursday, January 24, 2013

male factor infertility / cd9

I haven't given my husbands sperm issues too much regard because I just assumed once his vasectomy was reversed that things would be fine. Even after receiving the results of his first analysis post reversal I still was kind of in denial. After all, he has two healthy children already who were conceived via iui -- his sperm has a 75% iui success rate. That was however, 13 years ago. Today, I decided to youtube "Femara" and of course up comes tons of videos of women in the middle of treatment cycles. One in particular struck me--her husband didn't so much have a low count but his motility and morphology weren't very good. She got pregnant with the first iui. You would think that would encourage me right? Nope. Just made me go "oh my gosh I really have forgotten it's not ALL about my body". I went back and read the sperm analysis results which I had the nurse e-mail me so I could obsess without forgetting anything. (this is personal, if you are a prude move along...)

Here is the report:
Volume 1.9 ml
motility 50% but very slow progression.  Grading is done from 0-4+ with 4+ being the best and T’s was 0-1
sperm count 10 million / ml
Total motile sperm (the number of moving sperm in the entire ejaculate) 9.5 million
Normal Forms 2 %

This test was done about 70 days post vasectomy reversal and the red I highlighted are the things that freak me out the most. 0-1 meaning his sperm pretty much doesn't really exist, sort of, in a weird way? And normal forms meaning, only 2% of what he has is normal? I'm kind of distraught.

 Oh and yeah, that whole blog I wrote the other day about how the Femara wasn't affecting me much? Yeah...I cried a few times yesterday without much reason. Spoke too soon. Blessings.  



No comments:

Post a Comment