Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Trigger shot

Last night the time came for my husband to inject that dreaded trigger shot. I made a bag of ice and iced the area as much as possible. When he was ready to inject he asked if I was. I told him no "can you play around back there for a little while and then do it?" I was slumped over my bed, all kinds of butt in the air. I don't know what kind of playing I meant, but apparently he thought I meant I wanted him to ice it more. I was nervous. I'm a big fat baby about needles. It is a fear I realize is partially unfounded but it is a fear nonetheless. After he played around with the ice pack for a bit I declared that I couldn't do this, I needed my step daughter to come and let me squeeze her. She came into the room and sat on my bed. I wrapped hands around her leg and even at some point I bit her leg. I scratched her so hard you can see 4 nail marks in her leg. She was laughing so hard. I couldn't have done it without a body to squeeze and without her distraction. My right cheek is quite sore today. Iui #2 is tomorrow. Oh Lord, please let this be it. I beg you. I am not worthy of your blessings but if you could bless me with a child I promises to do my best to raise him/her knowing their Heavenly Father. Please Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment